Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Generational gaps


So later on tonight, joined by my good songwriter friend Frank, I will be doing my first little acoustic radio session leading up to promoting my upcoming debut E.P. The people at Maxha radio set up a stage and invited me to afterwards join in on a jam session made up of students enrolled at the local rock and pop music academy. I politely declined. Sincerely, still not having bothered to try and master the most primal of blues scales, I see myself as the person least fit for teaming up with a bunch of young, talented and eager musicians going on a jam bender. However paradoxical, I'm sure Frank will feel exactly the same. 
Another thing is that this session triggers the fact of me being really curious about how my music will go down with a younger generation. A generation of music lovers whose passion got sparked via a standard internet connection and a network of peers, granting them access to an all-extensive audiovisual music library. I’m sure there’s going to be overlaps in taste but obviously our backgrounds will rightfully be substantially different. Nevertheless, I’m curious about whether our views on what relevant new music entails, correspond. I’ve always loved a good combination of melody, songs and contemporary lyrics with an interesting subject or angle. I truly do believe this should bridge any generational gap. I sure do hope so. And if not, I’ll work on it. And I will let you read about it. Here. At the ordinary life of marco z. As always. Bridging our generational gaps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment